Director Patient Access
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Patient Access Job in Irving
The Director of Patient Access Services is considered a system position that provides leadership, support, direction, and focus for the staff involved in patient access services. The Patient Access Director works collaboratively with the facility Patient Access Teams, Patient Financial Services, Shared Services, HIM, Case Management, Physicians, hospital leadership and management to establish goals and objectives, identify and implement performance improvement actions, and ensure adherence and compliance to CHRISTUS standards, directives, regulatory requirements and other guidance that mandates requirements governing such processes. This position is responsible for interpretation and communication of JCAHO standards related to patient access services. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Director of Patient Access is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other department leadership as appropriate to instruct, share ideas, and implement actions related to the patient access functions. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people at all levels is critical. This position is expected to provide the leadership needed to keep internal staff, suppliers, clients, and management informed of departmental activities, needs, problems, recommended solutions, and administrative matters on a regular basis. This position also acts as a resource available for education, consultation, and implementation of revenue cycle enhanced processes related to patient access functions
- Ensures that areas within the Patient Access functions are directionally aligned with CHRISTUS Health.
- Develops budget and operation plan for areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership and support to the Patient Access Directors for each facility to ensure department, facility, and regional financial performance targets are met.
- Works with Case Management, Patient Financial Services, HIM, and Shared Services to identify areas of exposure and design processes that will increase knowledge of staff and improve outcomes in service, quality, and accuracy.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of systems related to patient access, insurance verification, and scheduling.
- Works collaboratively with facility and regional Leadership to ensure goals and objectives are achieved.
- Develops and implements training and human resources processes to reduce bad debt, improve cash collection, reduce denials, and continuously improve customer service excellence.
- Responds to organizational and customers needs with innovative programs to ensure service excellence.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, standards, and directives from regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and presents performance reports to Senior Leadership, hospital executives, and others as necessary.
- Bachelor degree, business related preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- Must have extensive knowledge of patient accounting systems, admitting and registration processes, and billing and collection processes.
- Must possess a general working knowledge in internal integrity requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to patient hospital billing and collections required.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry financial statistical indicators.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have practical knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience within the healthcare industry to include:
- Knowledge of inpatient and outpatient scheduling
- Financial Counseling
- Up front Collections
- Emergency department access