8AM - 5PM
Director Operations - Construction
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Operations - Construction Job in San Antonio
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Construction, this position will provide effective leadership in promoting and articulating the mission of CHRISTUS Health. Responsibilities include managing and directing schedules and budgets for the assigned ministry including: hazardous materials, capital construction and special projects; coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through post occupancy and warranty period, in a timely and cost effective manner; oversees the organization, planning, bidding, scheduling, and implementation of projects; coordinate assignments and manage people, materials and equipment, budgets, schedules and contracts; and provide for safety of the System Associates and the general public. The Director will be required to travel between sites in the performance of duties as well as periodic travels to other destinations.
- Manage multiple construction projects for the concurrently and represent the assigned ministry in the interest of CHRISTUS Health on construction projects.
- Interface with the staff, administration, project architects, engineers and general contractors related to the initial program development, final program development, planning.
- Assist in the development of Final Project Proposals, design, capital submission, bidding and construction of capital projects, hazardous materials projects, and special projects.
- Interface with each Campus’ facility planning and maintenance department and system facility planning and compliance department on programming, planning, construction documents, bidding, construction, equipment bid package/acquisition/installation and post construction issue management.
- Participate in the development of contract specifications, as well as managing construction contracts and other professional service contracts for assigned ministry as directed by the Vice President.
- Act as the assigned ministry contact on construction projects and orchestrate processes and procedures on all job sites, ensure that project budget expenditures remain, within budget allocation, phase and schedule requirements, and provide the project team with the necessary resources to complete the project.
- Assist in the development of project programs; evaluate and recommend various construction and delivery methods in the construction and/or renovation of existing buildings; assist in the development of the planning and scheduling of construction projects; prepare detailed construction budget estimates and schedules; implement System policy and procedures; oversee the performance of all contractors; ensure that all work is completed according to construction plans, specifications and schedule; and establish and maintain project files.
- Direct and monitor the progress of construction projects; track the delivery of the construction product: participate in all construction meetings; provide direction in the implementation of the construction contract; and direct and monitor compliance with building and safety codes and all regulations.
- Review engineering and architectural drawings and specifications for accuracy and completeness; monitor progress and ensure compliance with plans, specifications and schedules; track and control construction costs against the project budget: process Requests for Information and Change Orders: maintain meeting notes; participate in claims reviews; and may prepare periodic reports of progress and project status.
- Meet regularly with staff, contractors, architects, and others to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction project.
- Plan, direct, review, and implement the activities, operations, and programs of System construction project.
- Implement, oversee, and participate in the development of the programs work plans; implement work activities, projects, and programs; monitor project workflow; review and evaluate project status, compliance with document, methods and procedures.
- Track, analyze, audit and report construction project change orders, RFP’s, CCD’s, pay requests for all projects assigned.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including program activity reports and financial reports.
- Invite and solicit for professional services through the Request for Qualification process
- Integrate with Facility Management team to create a system network for all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of additional, extensive experience in the building design and construction industry.Equivalent: six (6) years of extensive experience in the building design and construction industry and two years of project management experience.
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of architecture and/or project management related to project development and construction.
- 4 years of hospital experience in facility management or hospital operations with general knowledge and application of PCRA/ICRA, ILSM and Joint Commission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Texas Health and Human Services & Louisiana Health and Human Services Regulations, New Mexico Department of Health and other pertinent laws relating to construction in the applicable market.
- Proficiency with software in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word and usage in electronic mail.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid applicable state driver’s license.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of CHRISTUS Health associates.
- Proficiency with Blue beam and Project Management software.
- Experience in the design or construction of healthcare facilities.
- Organizational and management practices related to the analysis and evaluation of construction projects, project programs, policies, and operational needs.
- Program budget preparation and control.
- Principles and practices of administration and supervision.
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Reading plans and comprehend scope of projects assigned.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate construction projects and project planning.
- Analyze problems and offer alternative solutions.
- Operate a computer and assigned software and office equipment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently and meet schedules and timelines.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.