Director of Radiology - Radiology
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Radiology - Radiology Job in Corpus Christi
Provides essential leadership and administrative support to the department members. Accountable for the financial and quality performance of the ancillary services. Ensures that the standards of care are consistent with Spohn’s mission and meet regulatory requirements. Facilitates the ongoing achievement of the division’s mission and goals. Promotes the development and improvement of processes directed at providing quality economical healthcare services.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Associate’s degree in Radiologic Technology; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years radiology experience with at least two years in a management/supervisory role. Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be supportive/innovative in the process of change
- Strong human relations skills with an ability to handle difficult/sensitive issues with regard to patient confidentiality.
- Problem solving and ability to think critically and the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to integrate and interpret data from diverse sources addressing issues of high complexity.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments).
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the department.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with a working knowledge of CQI tools and techniques
- Current Medical Radiologic Technologist license through the Texas Medical Board
- Current registration through American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- CPR (American Heart Association)