Director of Nursing - Nursing Administration
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Nursing - Nursing Administration Job in Corpus Christi
This position provides nursing leadership and oversight for designated departments, projects and processes within hospital nursing services. The Director is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, core values and vision, and for operational effectiveness and quality of nursing care and services. In addition, the Director is responsible for building a strong team that ensures that the services provided and outcomes achieved are responsive to the patients’ needs and integral to the achievement of the CHRISTUS Health mission and vision.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
•The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
•A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
•Accredited Chest Pain Center
•Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing is required. Master’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years management/supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, professional development, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, problem solving, decision making, innovation, financial management of operations, and stewardship of resources.
- Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
- Current Texas RN License is required.
- Maintain BLS/ACLS (American Heart Association) certification, if required for the position
- CPI required within 90 days of hire/transfer date for Emergency Services Departments.
- Prefer national certification and/or professional organization membership.