Director of Epic Training
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Epic Training Job in Irving
The Director for EPIC Training and Education is responsible for building an enterprise wide training and education program that will effectively be responsible for planning, direction and managing all aspects of IT/ConnectCARE training and education for all stakeholders. This includes leadership of the IT Training initiatives, hiring and coaching trainers. Also responsible for IT related communications involving training including the ConnectSHARE website, physician ConnectCARE Flash updates, communications regarding classes, downtime and other issues as they arise. This position will also be responsible for reviewing and analyzing any training gaps and opportunities by reviewing reports, metrics, dashboards and other pertinent materials to determine training needs and then developing training and education programs to ensure we are appropriately addressing any gaps in performance that training and education can impact. A successful candidate will display strong leadership skills, superb communication skills,strong analytical skills and highly experienced in building programs and teams. This individual must have a strong commitment to service, must be innovative and flexible; able to work effectively with a broad range of individuals across the CHRISTUS Health.
- Communication- Lead, develop and implement Communication plans as needed to keep leaders, physicians and staff on all levels of the organization, educated and updated on IT projects, updates and ConnectCARE. Create, develop, design, write and produce communication deliverables. Provide flexible and innovative approaches to communication. Some examples of communication deliverables may include the IT Insights and Secure TALK newsletters, physician and staff ConnectCARE FLASH updates, weekly Stand Up, IT Dashboard and ConnectSHARE website.
- Service- Ensure training and education teams respond quickly and appropriately to requests and gaps in performance; assure that training and tools are provided to successfully achieve and maintain an excellent level of service; at least 90% positive feedback as measured by the customer survey. Work with the team to improve tracking processes and procedures. Direct Training effort, hire and coach staff to provide a professional level of services.
- Training- Build, plan, organize and direct the development of IT training programs required for the successful implementation and adoption of applications including ConnectCARE and Microsoft updates. This includes identifying and security necessary resources within budget. Provide innovative approaches to training and support. Collaborates with leadership to assure needs are met.
- Analytics- Analyze data to determine training and education opportunities to improve operational and financial performance of organization and how we can better leverage tools, systems and workflow to be more efficient and effective.
- Security- Work with the IT Security Team, HIM and Legal to assure patient information is protected. For example, by assuring training is completed appropriately to gain system access.
- Leadership and Collaboration- Serve as a member of the ConnectCARE and IT Leadership teams. Collaborate with leadership across the system to identify need, produce timely and appropriate training, service and communication that meets or exceeds professional standards.
- Staff management- recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled professionals. Counsel and/or terminate staff as required. Provide ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that the staff is focused committed and capable of producing expected results.
- Communications- Develop effective written and oral mechanisms to document and report on information systems strategies, plans, priorities, budgets, schedules, and the current statusof major projects and assignments.
- Teamwork- Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding work experience. Establish and enforce department policies, procedures and standards.
- Customer Service- Develop and administer effective Customer Service Plans which includes provisions to accept, record, prioritize, assign, track, resolve and report on customer service problems and issues. Assist with establishing departmental programs, which promote and emphasize the commitment to exceptional customer service standards.
- Other- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in related field required
- Master's degree not required but highly preferred
- Healthcare experience required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to adjust to and implement change
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team member
- Ability to adapt to and effectively perform work functions in emergency and high stress situations.
- 15+ years' experience in a healthcare leadership position
- 10 years' experience in staff management experience in building programs in complex healthcare environment
- Advanced Microsoft Applications; Excel, Work, and PowerPoint. In addition, be proficient in a Project Management tool. Must be able to present complex data in a meaningful method, ie., charts, graphs, etc.
- Work Type: