Director of Compensation
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Compensation Job in Irving
Responsible for leadership and oversight of the compensation function. Plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures in order to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. Assures compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations. Monitors vendor performance as it relates to compliance, contractual agreements, and service quality.
- Manages non-executive compensation programs, policies and procedures, including but not limited to job evaluation, job classification/reclassification, salary structures.
- Manages the salary survey process ensuring the participation of appropriate surveys in order to obtain competitive salary survey information. Through the use of survey tools, oversees the comparison of compensation practices with competitors and recommends structure and salary adjustments for ministry and corporate groups.
- Manages communication regarding compensation policies and educates leadership and Associates about the content and value of the programs provided.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to HR leaders.
- Assesses the need, prioritizes and assigns direct reports to work on various issues related to compensation that comes to the department’s attention.
- Provides advice to HR leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Keeps abreast of various trends in compensation, including incentive pay, shift differentials and various sign-on and retention bonuses.
- Ensure appropriate usage and updating of the compensation tools.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
- Interviews, hires, and trains Compensation staff; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; measuring, rewarding and counseling Associates.
- Ensures attainment of project goals; develops detailed definitions and schedules, ensures appropriate testing is completed and defines resource requirements for special projects.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Human Resource discipline or equivalent training and experience in computerized payroll functions. Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material and meticulous attention to detail.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with market-based compensation structure.
- Experience with Infor HR tools desired.
- Seven to ten years’ management experience in Human Resources or accounting field with 2 years experience in the healthcare industry.
- Seven to ten years compensation experience.
- Nationally recognized Compensation certification including CEBS and/or PHR preferred.