Director of Case Management
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
800 E. Dawson
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director of Case Management Job in Tyler
To assure the appropriate and cost-effective use of hospital resources and services in delivering health care to patients and to assure the timely provision of appropriate health care services to the patient throughout the continuum and to improve patient outcomes from a given episode of care.
- Master's Degree in Nursing preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills applicable to the medical staff, administration, professional staff and outside reviewing agencies
- Strong organizational and written communication skills
- Self motivated, self-disciplined and holds self accountable for achieving goals and tactics in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated hands-on leadership and operational responsibility in a large/complex healthcare environment.
- Possesses strong personnel management and team building skills that result in a high performing team and excellent Associate job satisfaction.
- Ability to successfully apply new learning to achieve expected outcomes.
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, facilitation, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial operations and ability to meet/exceed expectations on an ongoing basis.
- Integrates and interprets data from diverse sources addressing issues of moderate to high complexity.
- Develops strong relationships with customers (i.e. patients, physicians and supporting departments).
- Four years of actual hospital based work experience in case management/utilization review
- 2 years Leadership/Management/Supervisory experience
- Knowledge of risk management and related issues
- Understanding of credentialing process
- Knowledge of current bylaws and regulations governing System facilities
- Knowledge of current Federal regulations, PRO guidelines, sanction procedures, memorandums of understanding and JCAHO
- Understanding of medical-legal aspects of Performance Improvement
- Knowledge of clinical conditions, criteria and appropriate treatment plans provided to patients
- Knowledge of insurance utilization review standards
- Demonstrated facilitation skills with a working knowledge of CQI tools and techniques.
- Must be able to implement change
- Valid Texas Nursing License