Director Materials Management - Central Services Job in San Antonio
This position reports to the Regional Director Materials Management, with dotted line responsibility to the facility Vice President of Finance, and/or the facility CFO. The Director of Materials Management will provide ministry organization and direction for the advancement of the Materials process for CHRISTUS Santa Rosa. In coordination with the Regional Director Materials Management, responsibilities include facility specific oversight on supply management process improvements. Position includes development and maintenance of workflow assessments, quality assurance, contract implementation, data management, Materials Management System policy and procedure development/ maintenance, and Associate career development. This position will collaborate with the ministry financial leadership to develop supply chain strategies that meet the System and Regional established financial, operational, quality, and customer service goals while providing to the Regional Director Materials Management periodic quantitative and qualitative metrics documenting the progress.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma and 6 years of experience in multi facilities HealthCare Environment or related field required.
- Collaborative and comfortable working in a Matrix model organization
- Must be well versed in the use of MS Office suite/Materials Management Applications
- Analytical and quantitative thinker
- Business planning skills to include cost impact analysis
- Excellent communicator, speaker, and listener
- Enjoys teaching and educating
- Strong working knowledge cost accounting, finance, reimbursement, ancillary and support services and clinical services
- Sensitive to overall system needs and skill to balance with regional needs
- CMRP Preferred