CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Laboratory Job in Longview
The Director Laboratory is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, evaluating and providing general oversight for all laboratory operations. Provides essential leadership and administrative support to department associates. Ensures standards of care are consistent with System’s Mission and all regulatory requirements. Works closely with senior leadership and departmental associates to facilitate the progressive achievement of the department’s goals. Promotes the development of associates and process improvement initiatives to maintain quality, cost-effective services and patient, physician and associate satisfaction. Interacts with all Hospital departments, including Administration, to plan, implement, and coordinate activities involving patients, employees, and physicians; interacts with physicians to implement new tests and systems to improve existing departmental services.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Customer Service – Responsible for all departmental and staff customer service initiatives. This position will be key in improving and maintaining associate morale and retention rates; decreasing turnover.
• Personnel – Responsible for the management (oversight) of all departmental associates. Performs decision-making processes regarding the hiring, disciplinary action, terminating of departmental associates. Will be responsible for overseeing associate evaluations; assuring that time and attendance is completed accurately; assisting with associate staffing/scheduling and PTO requests; will help oversee education, to ensure that all associate education is in compliance with best practice standards; will conduct timely associate communication to ensure associates are well educated.
• Capital and Operating Expense – Will work in collaboration with Administration and Finance to prepare annual capital and operational budgets. Will be responsible for maintaining expenses and revenue within the established fiscal year budget for all departments under directorship. Reviews rates and procedure codes, supervises the processing, billing and review of laboratory testing.
• Performance Improvement and Quality Management – Responsible for monitoring and/or overseeing that all QC programs; including proficiency testing, review and correction of deficiencies; responsible for continuous performance improvement; maintains total quality of service at acceptable levels.
• Responsible for management and operations within the Laboratory Service Line in collaboration with the Laboratory Medical Director and System Director of Laboratory Services. Assure compliance with appropriate accrediting agencies such as that CAP, AABB, CLIA, JCAHO, OSHA, etc. Maintains accurate statistics either manually or in the LIS to show productivity, performance indicators, quality management, etc.
• Ensures that all equipment within the Laboratory is functioning properly and ensures that all personnel is educated on proper techniques of operation; verifies that all major equipment repairs have been accomplished; in collaboration with Administration, initiates equipment service contracts.
• Directly responsible for operational policy and procedure development for all related departments under directorship.
• Provides technical expertise regarding problem solving for all related departments under directorship.
• Performs waived, moderate, and high complexity testing, when needed for all related departments under directorship.
• Serve as a laboratory representative on designated hospital committees as required. (i.e.: Infection Control, Blood Utilization Committee, Quality Management, Safety Committee, etc.
Minimum of 3-5 years leadership experience in the Hospital Laboratory setting preferred