Director HR Strategy
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Admin Svcs Org Office-18900
621 N. 4th Street
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director HR Strategy Job in Longview
The Director, HR Strategy partners with facility leadership to translate HR strategy into actionable plans for the execution of programs, ensuring alignment with departmental and overall business goals and objectives. The role provides support to the business by facilitating ongoing achievement of the department's mission and promotes the development and improvement of processes directed at providing quality and economical healthcare services. Serves on the leadership team at the facility. The Director, HR Strategy is an expert in the field, with the broad capability to consult on all areas of HR programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, staffing, talent acquisition, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management.
- Provide HR leadership for an assigned facility(ies).
- Serve as the HR Leader on facility leadership teams.
- Serve as liaison between the location and region/market to ensure that HR strategies are aligned with the business.
- Monitor and ensure the success of facility based activities such as turnover and other HR metrics.
- Work with facility leaders to identify, develop, and retain high-potential Associates and to take appropriate action with low performers.
- Address Associate relations issues in accordance with CHRISTUS Health/and or legal requirements.
- Achieve acceptance of HR initiatives, manage change and mitigate conflict at all levels of the organization.
- Support the facility(ies) by consulting on issues including but not limited to compensation, benefits, staffing, talent acquisition, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management.
- Proactively identify and resolve performance gaps and risks in HR and business activities between and with various stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Centers of Excellence to create innovative HR solutions and provide feedback to Centers of Excellence regarding effectiveness of policies, programs, and processes.
- Collaborate with the HR Services Center in the delivery of services.
- Identify and develop improvements to HR systems, processes, and policies.
- Deliver HR policies and procedures training to Associates and facility leadership as needed. Track recurring issues and identify potential training needs.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between facility leaders, market/regional HR Strategy team and HR functional areas/Centers of Excellence.
- Ensure compliance with the various local, state, and federal legal requirements as outlined by law.
- May supervise additional HR resources assigned to the facility(ies).
- Special projects for the market/region or System as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR management, industrial/organizational psychology, learning and development, business administration, or a related discipline, or equivalent training and experience required.
- Master's degree preferred
- An expert in the field with a broader capability set across functional areas in HR, to include but not limited to compensation, benefits, staffing, talent acquisition, organizational development, employee relations, and performance management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, negotiation skills, conflict resolution skills, and presentation skills.
- Critical thinker with business acumen.
- 7-10 years of experience in organizational development, performance management, or HR management required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR®) is preferred.