5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS System Office
Occasional Overnight Travel Up To 20 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Director Contracts Job in Irving
This position reports to the System Director, Strategic Sourcing. The Director Contracts – Physician Preference Items will be responsible for the oversight, coordination and management of orthopedic, neuro, spine, cardiology and related perioperative strategic sourcing initiatives and additional disciplines as assigned. This position will work in conjunction with the Service Line Directors for the applicable disciplines and provide sourcing, RFP and contracting expertise in support of their efforts. The Director Contracts - Physician Preference Items is a strategic sourcing professional charged with delivering best in class contracting strategies and expertise that result in supply chain cost reductions while supporting CHRISTUS Health’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health. This position will accomplish this by contributing in all aspects of the sourcing processes including, but not limited to, opportunity identification, working closely with applicable Service Line Directors, clinical and executive leaders, strategy alignment, RFPs, supplier negotiations and delivering fully executed contracts. This position will develop strong relationships with suppliers, hospital key stakeholders and corporate leadership. This position must be able to articulate and present sourcing initiatives to key stakeholders. To be an effective part of the team; must be a self-sufficient person who can interpret clinical, physician, facility and system needs, think strategically, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives and present project deliverables.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently supports CHRISTUS Health’s Spirit of Serving Standards, in line with the Mission, Vision, and values of CHRISTUS Health.
- Collaborates in the short and long term strategic planning process to identify sourcing opportunities at the local, regional and system level.
- Partner with the clinical resources and sourcing team to develop initiative strategy, clinical requirements and category specific terms and conditions for Request for Proposal (RFP) submissions.
- Oversees contract negotiation of RFP terms and conditions, for assigned disciplines, with suppliers as well as summarize proposal results.
- Follows the contract checklist and contract launch package process upon contract award.
- Responsibility for specific sourcing initiatives to include opportunity identification, supplier negotiation and delivering fully executed contracts.
- Develop and plan for any mitigation steps necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Present for approval project rationale, timeline and opportunity impact.
- Manage, track and report regularly on project status
- Interfaces with various levels of management and requires external contacts with important end users, hospital executives, internal customers and suppliers to develop solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the System Director, Strategic Sourcing.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to translate objectives and tasks into priority project planning and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to write, redline, negotiate and execute custom contracts and tiers
- Ability to understand and manipulate financial analysis
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to work on assignments independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of contract negotiating experience either in a hospital setting, healthcare company, working with a healthcare IDN or GPO
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing physician preference item (orthopedic, neuro, spine, cardiology and related perioperative) strategic sourcing events
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiating favorable terms and competitive pricing with top medical device manufactures
- Strong relationship building with key stakeholders and the ability to articulate all aspects of projects
- A proven track record of successfully managing and delivering multiple, concurrent sourcing projects, activities, and tasks on time, within scope, and within budget
- Demonstrated high level of project accountability and ownership from inception through completion.
- Demonstrated ability to develop detailed work plans, including project milestones, risk assessment/management plans, and project timelines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret product specifications, quotes and cost estimates
- Experience with formal solicitations, including bids and requests for proposals
- Excellent analytical, organizational, presentation, customer service, collaboration, and written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritize work and pay attention to detail
- Demonstrated skill and ability in understanding stakeholders' needs and meeting them within policy guidelines and in building collaborative team relationships