8AM - 5PM
Director Clinical Risk Management
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Director Clinical Risk Management Job in Longview
In a High Reliability Organization, the Director Clinical Risk Management (DCRM) strategizes, directs, and develops a Regional Health System, multi-hospital clinical risk management program. In doing so, the DCRM using process improvement methods to address trends across a larger geographic health system from adverse events, near misses, root cause analyses, and issues related to clinical risk. With this information, the DCRM will analyze findings and work collaboratively with Health System hospital leaders and clinicians to develop action plans or system improvements that will enhance an organizational culture that supports patient safety, mitigates risks of safety events, and supports the provision of safe, quality patient care. The DCRM works under the direction of the executive Quality leadership.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Source: NAHQ Workforce Accelerator Competency Framework 2022: Eight Domains
· Quality Leadership and Integration-Advance the organization's commitment to health care quality through collaboration, learning opportunities and communication. Lead the integration of quality into the fabric of the organization through a coordinated infrastructure to achieve organizational objectives. Domain Level: Advanced
· Performance and Process Improvement-Use performance and process improvement (PPI), project management and change management methods to support operational and clinical quality initiatives, improved performance and achieve organizational goals. Domain Level: Advanced
· Population Health and Care Transitions-Evaluates and improve health care processes and care transitions to advance the efficient, effective, and safe care of defined populations. Domain Level: Proficient
· Health Data and Analytics- Leverage the organizations analytic environment to help guide data-driven decision-making and inform quality improvement initiatives. Domain Level: Advanced
· Regulatory and Accreditation-Direct organization wide processes for evaluating, monitoring, and improving compliance with internal and external requirements. Lead the organization's processes to prepare for, participate in, and follow up on regulatory, accreditation and certification surveys and activities. Domain Level: Advanced
· Patients Safety-Cultivate a safe healthcare environment by promoting safe practices, nurturing a just culture, and improving processes that detect, mitigate, or prevent harm. Domain Level: Advanced
· Quality Review and Accountability-Direct activities that support compliance with organization wide voluntary, mandatory, and contractual requirements for data acquisition, analysis, reporting, and improvement. Domain Level: Proficient
· Professional Engagement-Engage in the healthcare quality profession with a commitment to practicing ethically, enhancing one's competence, and advancing the field. Domain Level: Proficient
· Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing or other clinical degree specialties - required.
· Master’s Degree preferred with relevant clinical experience and evidence of additional training in patient safety, risk management, or quality.
· Communicate effectively to different audiences.
· Proficient in computer skills using EXCEL, PowerPoint, MS Office, and Flowchart tools.
· Knowledgeable on High-Reliability Principles and PDSA methodology.
· Knowledgeable on payment models for quality metric performance and national benchmarks.
· Five years of healthcare experience.
· Two years of management experience.
· Three years of clinical risk management experience
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) required or within 1 year of hire.
· CPPS (Certified Professional Patient Safety) preferred.
· CPHRM preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.