Director Clinical Education and Development
CHRISTUS System Office
Research and Academics
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Clinical Education and Development Job in Irving
The Director of Graduate Medical Education and Assistant Designated Institutional Official (DIO) works under the direction of the System Director of Research and Academics to direct the CHRISTUS Health Office of GME & Clinical Education for achieving CHRISTUS Health academic objectives. He/she will be responsible for developing and executing strategy for enhancement of high-quality GME programs at CHRISTUS. He/she will be assisting the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) in the oversight of graduate medical education (GME) programs and assessing, implementing, and developing new GME programs. He/she will also be developing and managing affiliation agreements with academic partners for clinical education activities across the CHRISTUS Health System.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in relevant field of medicine and/or biomedical sciences
- Proven ability to motivate, inspire and challenge groups and individuals whose goals and objectives may differ.
- Ability to partner and delegate within a matrix structure, empowering personnel to achieve results.
- Recognizable comfort in interacting with physicians and staff.
- Evidence of the highest integrity, stamina, energy, tenacity, and patience.
- Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills; experienced public speaker in one-on-one or large group settings. Ability to effectively articulate and communicate a compelling vision.
- Ability and confidence to act as highly visible leader who can motivate physicians and staff to achieve new heights and effectively engage industry, government, community leaders and prospective donors in successfully building programs.
- Ability to successfully integrate the organization's goals and objectives into everyday operations.
- Proven practice in building internal and external relationships with stakeholders and potential partners.
- Willingness to educate at all levels and value the role of education.
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, management, communication, negotiation, analytic, and team building skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience in a university, medical school, or complex academic health center environment.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in clinical education and training preferably in an academic environment.
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations governing Graduate Medical Education.
- Experience in working with accreditation agencies such as ACGME, etc.
- Experience in developing and managing GME programs.
- Evidence of passion for healthcare research and health professional education and training.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic plans in clinical education and training.