8AM - 5PM
Director Business Intelligence and Risk Analytics
CHRISTUS System Office
Analytics and Reporting
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Director Business Intelligence and Risk Analytics Job in Irving
The Director Business Intelligence Risk Adjustment Analytics is primarily responsible for directing the operation and delivery of information systems and processes related to Business Intelligence as well as directing the risk adjustment data analytics team responsible for optimizing the risk adjusted revenue for the Exchange and Medicare Advantage lines of business. Duties of this position will entail creating the vision for a team of analysts and architects in managing the strategic design and implementation of business intelligence software and system solutions to meet the business needs of CHRISTUS Health. The BI & Risk Adjustment Analytics director is in charge of using a variety of statistical methodologies to help solve business issues and improve profitability. This position will also ensure appropriately skilled resources are available to satisfy the current demand for support services.
- Business Intelligence – Directs and participates in the planning and development of new and existing Business Intelligence applications/systems including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintenance, and installation. Ensures that relevant considerations are included in the design and operation.
- Risk Adjustment - Responsible for providing thought leadership regarding Encounter Data submission and Hierarchical Condition Category capture and validation.
- Solutions Oriented – Demonstrate a solutions-oriented approach in delivering support services by understanding the services offered within CHRISTUS Health
- Vision & Strategy - Provide input into the information system vision and strategy of the organization as it relates to the Business Intelligence vertical.
- Planning & Managing - Plan, prioritize, manage and schedule projects and routine requests for information delivered through the Business Intelligence Vertical. Assign appropriate resources to meet approved corporate and regional schedules and goals. Develop and implement effective written mechanisms to document and report on all plans, priorities, schedules and the current status of all projects and assignments. Assist with the development, implementation, communication and promotion of strategic and tactical plans.
- Budget & Financial Management - Develop and manage detailed budgets, tracking all capital and operational expenditures and regularly reporting the budgetary status of all assigned project budgets including hardware, software and support components.
- Staff Management - Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled information systems professionals. Terminate staff as required. Provide ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that the staff is focused committed and capable of producing expected results. Create and maintain a teamwork environment conducive to productive output, successful staff advancement and a rewarding work experience. Establish and enforce department policies, procedures and standards.
- Applications and Systems Development - Interface with and support staff in all areas and at all levels in the definition of requirements, selection, design, development, implementation, and support of information systems. Provide technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution.
- Communication - Provide effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, possess good negotiating skills and promote teamwork among subordinates.
- Standards - Develop and implement standards and procedures for technical problem-solving tools and communication techniques. Maintain follow-up process for system deficiencies and end user trouble reports. Analyze and recommend procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas, as they become known.
- Reporting - Establish and monitor department quality objectives, milestones and benchmarks. Develop and implement effective tools to measure performance against these standards, and to document and regularly report on all plans, priorities, schedules, budgets, staff assignments, programs and the current status of projects and routine assignments.
- Teamwork - Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Customer Service - Lead in the development and administration of an effective Customer Service Plan which includes provisions to ensure that information needs are met within the organization.
- Other - Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the System Director, Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor's Degree