Director Brand Experience and Design
CHRISTUS System Office
Marketing and Communications
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Brand Experience and Design Job in Irving
The Director of Brand Experience and Design is responsible for oversight, management, and production of the external marketing for CHRISTUS Health. The Director supports strategic marketing with inspired design direction and use brand creative strategy to achieve system and Ministry goals. The Brand Experience and Design Director uses multiple intersecting platforms including print, web, digital, video, multimedia, photography, and digital, social media, and traditional advertising to develop comprehensive messaging experiences to support and enhance multi-tiered branding and marketing campaigns at CHRISTUS Health for all external marketing audiences, including patients, consumers, physicians, providers, employers, payers, and our Ministry communities.
The Director of Brand Experience and Design is a working artist responsible for strategy, brand management, and project oversight, and is also a Manager responsible for a team of creatives and freelancers. Additionally, the Director oversees all aspects of relationships with external creative agencies.
- Partner with marketing and creative agencies to understand and execute the design strategy.
- Partner with strategic marketing leadership to ensure creatives being developed or modified are consistent with brand guidelines and strategic plan.
- Work with system and Ministry teams to conduct audience needs analysis and other research to align messaging, imaging, and brand with audience needs.
- Manage design execution process, capacity planning, and creative management infrastructure.
- Consider cognitive, cultural, physical, and social factors in planning and executing designs for the target audience.
- Develop, apply, and update brand standard templates; maintain brand center.
- Brief and advise stakeholders with regard to design style, format, print production and timetables.
- Partner with system and Ministry stakeholders to lead campaign development from concept through to design, print and production.
- Oversees and participates in the production of templates, stationery, packages, and other related materials in accordance with the branding strategy.
- Creates, analyzes, and distributes reports on design team utilization and service level benchmarks by Ministry and service line and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Partners with director of marketing operations on continuous process improvement in project management system of record (Workfront).
- Regularly meets with all system and Ministry marketing and communications leadership to discuss open projects, improve processes, and identify branding and messaging improvements opportunities.
- Use programs such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to design and create, coordinate, produce and edit a wide variety of outputs.
- Help implement CHRISTUS Health's new brand standards by ensuring that all pieces produced by the graphic designers and videographers adhere to these standards, which direct things like image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand nationally and internationally.
- Coach and inspire design teams to produce excellent, compelling work in all mediums.
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of production, including creating initial designs and receiving approval; preparing final designs for print or presentation; checking and receiving approval for all color, copy, text, and format selections; and scaling images for print production.
- Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
- Maintain ad agency relationship and vendor relationships, as appropriate to responsibilities.
- Work with designated printer(s) to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, prioritizing by deadline and importance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, digital design or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience with design and branding in a complex business environment including progressive growth in responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout, and best practices across digital, UI/UX, print, and a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Excellent typography skills and an extreme attention to detail.
- An intuition for the type of content, images, and messages that engage consumers and stakeholders while upholding the CHRISTUS Health brand.
- Ability to think strategically, execute effectively, and deliver high quality work against tight deadlines.
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others to find creative solutions under tight deadlines.
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess powerful and clear written and verbal communications skills, project management skills with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and web-based tools like Workfront.
- Experience in web design software, HTML, CSS, and CMS principles.
- Experience with motion graphic and video editing directly or in supervisory capacity required.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to perform a large number of tasks with varying degrees of difficult and to maintain flexibility in managing priorities.
- Ability to interact with a variety of internal and external audiences in a professional and competent manner, including system senior management, local and senior leaders, and physicians.
- Ability to responsibly handle confidential information.
- Must be mentally alert and able to plan and organize work schedule. Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure and with frequent interruptions. Must have a good memory and capacity for detail.