5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
Legal and Compliance
Moderate Overnight Travel Up To 30 Percent
CHRISTUS Ochsner St Patrick Hospital
Share This Job On
Director Advocacy Job in Lake Charles
The Director Advocacy will work within the CHRISTUS Health Advocacy department to develop, direct and analyze issues on behalf of CHRISTUS Health. This position requires knowledge of public policy development and healthcare issues and the ability to apply that knowledge to advocate on behalf of CHRISTUS Health. This position serves as the leader of the teams responsible for developing and implementing a strategic and comprehensive effort to advance CHRISTUS Health’s state and federal policy and advocacy priorities while reporting to the Vice President of Advocacy and Government Affairs. This position assists in identifying trends in public policy impacting CHRISTUS Health on both state and federal levels. Once such trends are identified, effective and efficient government relations and advocacy efforts are developed and implemented by the incumbent. The Director Advocacy will have oversight of state legislative affairs over certain Regions/Markets of CHRISTUS Health including Louisiana, and some related federal advocacy for assigned regions.
- Represent CHRISTUS Health before state legislatures, stakeholder groups, trade associations, and regulatory agencies to ensure the policies align with system direction.
- Management of State Consultants, Regional Advocacy Liaisons, Contract Associates, and assigned related Trade Associations to ensure the fulfillment of the strategic plan and CHRISTUS vision.
- Ability to coalition build with like partners to further the advancement of policy initiatives.
- Development of deliverables including session reports, regulatory comments, talking points, testimony, budget and policy forecasting, legislative priorities, and other necessary internal and external reports and communications.
- Director will travel to various CHRISTUS ministries throughout Louisiana and regularly attend meetings in those ministries to develop relationships with the leadership of CHRISTUS and understand the healthcare work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Requires basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and statistical analysis.
- Requires knowledge of state political processes, government relations and familiarity with public affairs or political campaigns.
- Requires ability to work and build relationships with grass root committees, trade associations, coalitions, and third-party allies.
- Requires ability to develop campaign or public affairs support materials.
- Must demonstrate expertise in the creation, execution and evaluation of public policy initiatives, media campaigns, political crisis/issue management, key stakeholder management, coalition building and legislative advocacy.
- Preferred at least 3 years’ experience in government, public affairs, government affairs, lobbying, communications, or campaigns or related field.
- Requires experience with public opinion, research, tracking, and evaluation.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple projects and budgets simultaneously.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills.
Location: Baton Rouge