8:00AM - 4:30PM
Director Acute Care Dialysis Program
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Acute Care Dialysis Program Job in Irving
As the senior most Dialysis Leader he/she is responsible for coaching, guiding, leading, and mentoring Ministry Clinical Directors and Unit Managers in order to improve quality of care, optimize inpatient dialysis operations and enhance patient experience throughout CHRISTUS Health. This individual will be responsible for directing and administering the day to day operations and activities of the facilities/programs while ensuring regulatory compliance with applicable state and federal regulatory agencies.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the administration of daily clinical/business operations of inpatient dialysis units including but not limited to: staffing, billing, quality and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates strategies and activities to ensure the provision of outstanding quality patient care and dialysis services while adhering to internal and external guidelines.
- Continually review market trends and/or internal data and providing recommendations to leadership to improve quality and/or improve cost structure.
- Develop standard policies and procedures to be used throughout CHRISTUS Health to improve care delivery and promote high reliability.
- Performs periodic site audits of current procedures and processes to monitor efficiency of operations and provide written reports of findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures a strong and robust communications process between appropriate site leaders across the organization and ensures the appropriate dissemination of communications to front-line staff.
- Provides leadership, support and guidance to ministry dialysis leaders including clinical and technical managers and/or other support staff. Also provides informal/formal feedback to ministry leadership regarding dialysis unit performance.
- Works collaboratively with hospital leadership, chief nursing officers and nursing directors as appropriate to administer highly reliable and effective patient care
- Respond and investigate any patient adverse events outcomes or potential adverse events in designated area and develop mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Conduct periodic program reviews (as needed) with ministry leadership regarding program opportunities, challenges and/or successes.
- Establish competency and training materials for front line staff to improve care delivery in accordance with industry standards and best practice recommendations.
- Enhance personal professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date on all Federal, State and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements, which apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws and regulations.
- Will comply with all aspects of the CHRISTUS Health Corporate Compliance Plan to include the immediate reporting of any known or suspected illegal or unethical behaviors, criminal conduct or patient/employee safety violations or issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BSN required, advanced degree preferred (MBA, MHA, MSN)
- Extensive knowledge of dialysis industry standards and regulations
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience leading inpatient dialysis units
- 3-5 years of direct patient care experience required
- 2+ years of supervisor role or equivalent practice in a dialysis setting
- Current nursing licensure (good standing) in the United States
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN), and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN) preferred