CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
Non-Profit Social Services
619 S. Fleishel
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Diabetes Educator Job in Tyler
Responsible for diabetes management instruction, documentation and follow-up on patients identified through physician referral. Conducts quality and effective diabetes self-management education program classes. Accountable for ongoing evaluation of program, performance improvements, physician and patient phone calls/correspondence. Primarily responsible for out-patient appointments. Develops, implements, and evaluates community educational events. Participates in community diabetes screenings. Maintains AADE Recognition Program status.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school for dietitian or professional nursing.
- Must be licensed in the State of Texas as a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian or Registered Nurse
- Position requires CPR through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Must have National Certification for Diabetes Educators (CDE) or willing to obtain within 1st year of employment.
- Candidate must have exposure to patient teaching in a doctor's office or hospital. Prefer 1-3 years of direct teaching diabetic patients or teaching medical nutrition therapy in adult and pediatric populations.
- Must have strong presentation skills for teaching,
- Prefer candidate with a familiarity with AADE guideline and Diabetes Recognition Program protocol. Also prefer knowledge of Type1, Type2 and gestational diabetes management.