Decision Support Analyst
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Decision Support Analyst Job in Irving
Responsible for analyzing and controlling a company's expenses. The position will provide costing and financial analysis to key decision makers throughout the company and offer a strong working knowledge of system operations. The position will report to the Manager of Finance and Supply Chain Analytics and will work with system users on a regular basis to enable them to use the reporting systems best practices and provide day-to-day support with data queries and proforma reporting. The position will also conduct maintenance of the decision support application and complete necessary financial analysis.
This position is responsible for supporting ensuring the integrity of the costing and decision support tool, maintaining and reconciling daily data loads and processes, completing proformas and operational analysis, assisting the regions with reports needed to make day to day decisions, and maintaining a high level of customer service for all end users.
- Implement and document best practice policy and procedures for data loading, validation and all related process essential to creating world class decision support and costing system.
- Assist in developing annual operations plan and estimating new product costs; including economic analysis.Validate all data integrations form the source data to HFM.
- Ensure data interfaces and data loads run successfully and are validated for the monthly and daily reporting.
- Perform cost-benefit analyses, and recommend process improvements and unit changes to reduce costs.
- Use and enforce best practice and controls in areas of product development and change management.
- Analyze actual compared to standard costs for ongoing expenses, and identify opportunities and risks.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources. Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, revenue and profitability.
- Develop knowledge and skill with other business systems to ensure coordination and assist with backup responsibilities as needed.
- Work with finance users to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development
- Complete special projects as requested by manager.
- Contribute to system design and integration recommendations for improvement.
- Perform all tasks related to solution testing and document the outcomes.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, CIS or Computer Science preferred.
- 3-5 years financial analyst or related experience
- 2+ years cost accounting experience
- Hospital experience preferred
- Must have a solid understanding of costing/decision support systems
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective problem solving and communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail with proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy