Apply Now Data Integration Specialist II Job in Irving
The Data Integration Specialist II is responsible for taking customer requirements and converting them into data specifications for application and data integration. This person should have extensive knowledge of healthcare, an understanding of data formats/specifications, and ability to provide gap analysis documentation. This position will also need to have the ability to provide feedback to the business in business terms after completing the technical data gap analysis.
- Design & Development- Provides technical development and implementation of design expertise as it relates to the existing applications that correspond with the architecture strategies at an enterprise level.
- Strategy Execution - Executes CHRISTUS' overall information systems strategy as it pertains to their vision of the organization in both strategic and tactical plans. Involved in team adoption, execution and integration of strategy to achieve optimal and efficient delivery.
- System Engineering - Involved in the evaluation of proposed system acquisitions or solutions development and provides input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance.
- System Integration - Integrates software components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with cross functional teams within information management to ensure positive project impact. Installs, configures, and verifies the operation of software components.
- System Management - Participates in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
- System Security - Participates in the research, design, development, and implementation of application, database, and interface security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key encryption, and Certificates or other emerging security technologies.
- Supports the business goals and objectives for the Integration Team, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Conducts analysis, design, development, and delivery of Interoperability Solutions.
- Works closely with project teams on customer-specific initiatives that involve data movement, translation, or integration development.
- Solves highly complex technical data communication and transformation issues.
- Troubleshoots technical issues related to data transformation and flows
- Analyzes customer data specifications and provides gap analysis
- Creates documentation for future reference, training and support purposes
- Communicates with customers to clarify data format requirements
- Writes translation plans to move development work into various environments
- Performs unit testing and provides business stakeholders with user acceptance testing guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving/analysis
- Demonstrated technical capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization
- Proven analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical and financial Healthcare data
- Knowledge of all data formats (HL7, EDI, CSV, XML, etc...)
- Process and Project Oriented
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- A minimum of 7 years IT experience in technical analysis, design and implementation
- A minimum of 3 years of Healthcare or Healthcare IT experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in MS Office with a focus on Excel, Word and Visio
- A minimum of 2 years working with relational databases, MS SQL Server 2000-2008, Transact-SQL, and SQL Stored Procedures or any other database.
- Integration experience with Microsoft SSIS, Informatic Power Center, IBM integration bus or other tools is a plus.
- Recent development experience with a current programing language is a plus.