Apply Now Data Analytics Engineer Senior Job in Irving
The Data Analytics Engineer Senior will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of optimal solutions to integrate, store, process and analyze huge data sets. This includes and understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards. The Data Analytics Engineer Senior will also be responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Data Management & Analytics Department, the Information Management Organization, and the organization as a whole.
Specific job duties include:
Design and Development – Provide technical development expertise for designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with the established specifications and business requirements in order to deliver business value.
Strategy Execution – Contributes to the execution of CHRISTUS’ overall information systems strategy as it pertains to their vision of the organization in both strategic and tactical plans. Involved in team adoption, execution and integration of strategy to achieve optimal and efficient delivery.
System Engineering – Involved in the evaluation of proposed system acquisitions or solutions development and provides input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance.
System Integration – Integrates software components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with cross functional teams within information management to ensure positive project impact. Installs, configures, and verifies the operation of software components.
System Management – Participates in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems.
System Security – Participates in the research, design, development, and implementation of application, database, and interface security using technologies such as SSL, Public-Key encryption, and Certificates or other emerging security technologies
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or foreign equivalent.
5 years of experience with systems analysis/software development.
Work experience must include:
1. MapReduce, Spark HDFS, Python R Hadoop v2 programming and Hadoop cluster management, with all included services
2. Developing analytics solutions with large data sets within an OLAP and MPP architecture.
3. Data integration with ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume and Machine Learning toolkits, such as Mahout or SparkML.
4. NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
5. Building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming is preferred.
6. Lambda Architecture
7. SQL programing and query performance tuning techniques for Data Integration and Consumption using design for optimum performance against large data asset within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
8. BI and analytics landscape, in large-scale development environments.
Monday – Friday, 8A.M. – 5 P.M., 40 hours/week
Christus Health, 919 Hidden Ridge, Irving, TX 75038