Culinary Supervisor/ Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
1672 Hospital Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Culinary Supervisor/ Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Culinary supervisor will act as a leader, under the Chef Manager's direction, in the department with all things in production. Ensuring associates are utilizing technologies available appropriately, recipe compliance, menu execution and development, assist with inventory and ordering as needed, manage caterings and all that it entails, any training programs, or gaps needed in the department. Takes inventory and monitors usage with Warehouse Supervisor; works with Chef Manager regarding special orders and menu changes. Assists the Chef Manager and Warehouse Supervisor in developing and maintaining a loss/prevention system while providing stock as needed by staff for daily food production and service. Monitors cleaning routines by staff in storage areas. Working hours are generally 8 hours per day, 5 days per week, with flexibility dependent on catering, coordination with management team, and business needs. Directs food service personnel and daily operations, and provides documentation and input to management for the effective execution of the Food and Nutrition Services Department policies, procedures and processes. Ensures patients and customers receive excellent service.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: ServSafe Certification required or must be obtained within one (1) year.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
- Ability to perform basic mathematics correctly and consistently (addition, subtraction, division and percentages)
- Effective use of time management skills to organize, prioritize
- Ability to be flexible with changes in work conditions
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, ability to learn new programs and inventory platforms, and all business required technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and coordinate effectively with co-workers.
- Ability to execute invoice receiving and processing for payment
- Excellent communication skills to work closely with 3rd party vendors, finance team members, and leadership group.
- Ability to work with 3rd party programs to manage catering orders and communication with all those involved with these requests
- Ability to train and lead associates
EXPERIENCE: Two years institutional food service or restaurant experience, including catering and culinary experience required. Warehouse, inventory management, and financial management experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Food and Nutrition Managers and Director. Predominately to the Chef Manager.
- Bloodborne pathogen exposure may be possible, though not likely.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Frequent wet floors in dish room increase likelihood of slips; slip-resistant sole shoes required. Exposure to various chemicals. Exposure to cold temperatures for extended periods of time; works daily inside walk-in refrigerators and freezer. Exposure to minor cuts, burns, slips, falls and lifting injuries. Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of equipment, materials or supplies of light to medium weight, up to 50 pounds. Stands or walks most of the day, climbs ladders. Some sitting and computer work. Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule, caterings, and emergencies.