Critical care Technician ICU Pediatric
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now Critical care Technician ICU Pediatric Job in San Antonio
The critical care technician (CCT) is a certified and/or licensed technician and is part of the Intensive Care Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The CCT performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. The CCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. The CCT is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment. The CCT also performs all unit clerk/clerical duties for the unit.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- a)Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program and minimum of one year prior critical care experience.
- b)Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- c)Successful completion of a Patient Care Tech program with PCT certification preferred.
- Minimum of one year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
- Current BLS certification required
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining certification is preferred.
- If certified as Patient Care technician, Associate must maintain current certification .