Coordinator Research - Research Industry
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Education and Research
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Research - Research Industry Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
This position is responsible for coordinating and collaborating with prospective investigators in an effort to facilitate research at CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. This position will market CHRISTUS research services, create and maintain research activity databases, and monitor the impacts of the research studies to include financial and safety risks.
· Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Research, Business or related field.
· Proficiency in using personal computer databases, spreadsheets and word processing software is required.
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Requires excellent organizational skills and knowledge of federal legislation regarding human subject research and the provision of health care is also required.
· Expertise in applying for research protocols is required.
· Some travel to regional hospitals will be required.
· Must be proficient in organizing and examining data.
· Must be able to produce clear and concise products.
· Must be thorough in gathering and reporting information.
· Must be flexible and be able to relate well with a variety of people. Must be knowledgeable in management applications and be able to expand and apply applicable skills in the work setting.
· A minimum of three years regulatory experience in clinical research and knowledge of the health care industry is required.
Requires experience in creating database and financial analysis.