8AM - 5PM
Coordinator Referrals- Jasper
CHRISTUS Physician Group/Ambulatory
CHRISTUS Family Practice Clinic Jasper
1276 South Peachtree Street
Jasper, TX 75951
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Referrals- Jasper Job in Jasper
This position is responsible for coordinating the entire referral process (obtaining order from physician, obtaining insurance authorization from the insurance company/payor, scheduling the appointment for the patient with a physician who accept the particular insurance, notifying the patient of the appointment, completing renewal authorizations with physicians office and payor) for a 35 physician practice. Researches problem referral claims or requests for payment and corrects. Ensures physicians coding and Dx are appropriate for proper referral and coverage by insurance company. This position is also responsible for knowing various insurance plans and coverages for the patient to ensure proper payment. Responsible to teach nursing associates and physicians all changes within insurance plans for referral and authorization process. Must be up to date with all CPT and ICD-9 coding to process proper referral. Must have clinical background knowledge to appropriately support referral when communicating with insurance companies.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum three (3) years office experience in a healthcare setting required
- Expert knowledge of managed care benefit plans with at least one (1) year specializing in a referral-based clinic or physician’s office.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, communication with all customers (physicians, patients, insurance companies, staff, etc).
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
- Must be able to deal with stress and handle difficult patients with tact and courtesy.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience with billing and collections for physician office practice required.
- Must understand importance of patient confidentiality, and adhere to confidentiality expectations at all times.
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no direct supervision. Must be able to follow instructions accurately.
- Medical assistant certification from an approved technical school preferred.