5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Coordinator Point of Care II - Longview Lab - Full Time
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Point of Care II - Longview Lab - Full Time Job in Longview
The Coordinator Point of Care is responsible for the management and coordination of the Point of Care testing program including monitoring of quality control, Performance Improvement, proficiency testing, and competency assessments. Performs all procedures in the section and educates associates according to age-specific standards as associated with job-related policies and procedures. Serves as the Laboratory Educational Coordinator. Has the responsibility of assuring that personnel performing laboratory procedures meet CAP, CLIA, JCAHO, and other Organizational guidelines for testing.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Ensures that the company philosophy and core values are evident in the service delivered to customers.
• Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
• Assures compliance with CAP, JCAHO, OSHA, infection control, safety, and other regulatory standards, including privacy and security of health information (PHI).
• Develops implements and revises Point of Care Testing policies and procedures.
• Communicates with physicians, nurses, and clients in a courteous and helpful manner.
• Assists with quality management tasks including associate training, recording QC data, collecting data for QA purposes, and reviewing requisitions for medical necessity compliance. Assists with Quality Management projects.
• Assists with laboratory inventory management including ordering/purchasing of laboratory supplies.
• Educates nursing staff on the correct use and documentation of waived and non-waived Point of Care testing.
• Educates outreach staff on the correct use and documentation of waived Point of Care testing. Performs monthly onsite inspections of each outreach client to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards.
• Acts as a liaison between the outreach staff and the laboratory/POCT staff. Discusses problems/conflicts with associates and supervisors.
• Performs or oversees correlation studies, implementation studies, and proficiency testing for Point of Care Testing.
• Maintains departmental records to comply with CLIA, JCAHO & CAP regulations. Contributes to CAP inspection readiness activities. Maintains data management system.
• Communicates with team leaders in a timely and concise manner concerning problems.
• Assists the Laboratory Manager or Laboratory Coordinator with departmental record keeping and assembly of statistical reports if needed.
• When asked, willing to participate in problem-solving regardless of whether direct bearing on his/her area of responsibility is involved.
• Assists other departmental team leaders with entering CAP proficiency testing when asked.
• Serves as MSDS Coordinator to ensure that the Chemical Hygiene Policy includes a current and accurate Chemical reagent list with all applicable MSDS sheets available as required by OSHA standards. Ensure appropriate staff MSDS education as needed.
• Assists the Laboratory Manager or Director with staff education including annual competency assessment, safety education, continuing education, and necessary Compliance courses, enforcement of safety policies and procedures as well as assists in revision.
• Completes annual competency assessment successfully and by the assigned date
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or other biological science with one-year clinical training required
- 2-3 years of Clinical Laboratory with teaching experience required
- Point of Care analyzer experience required
- 0-5 years of Clinical Laboratory with teaching experience preferred
- Must obtain Annual Membership (current) with certification agency
- Medical Technologist certified by ASCP
5 Days - 8 Hours
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.