7AM - 7PM
Coordinator Patient Placement
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Patient Placement Job in San Antonio
The Coordinator of Patient Placement is responsible for facilitating all patient transfers into and within the CHRISTUS Health System by telephone coordination between the referring and accepting facilities and initiating referrals and inpatient transfers. This role will operate from the Regional Command Center, and will be responsible for documentation and communication of current transfer status. This ideal candidate will be able to multi-task to coordinate a high volume of phone calls, and possess strong organizational skills to manage medical records and logs. This position requires the ability to communicate effectively with physicians, nurses, government agencies and hospital facilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior patient care experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy/data entry skills in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Word, Excel and EMR systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Two years in a healthcare setting with direct patient care OR two years in a transfer center OR two years in an emergency call center OR four years in a healthcare business setting is required.
- Certified Medical Assistant required OR Emergency Medical Technician certification OR Licensed Vocational Nurse preferred
- BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association