Coordinator Medical Staff-Med Staff Administration
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS SBHS Medical Office Building Buckner Square
1700 Buckner Square
Shreveport, LA 71101
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Coordinator Medical Staff-Med Staff Administration Job in Shreveport
The Medical Staff Services Coordinator facilitates the Medical Staff Services function by providing administrative and operational support. The MSS Coordinator is the first point of facility contact for Medical and Allied Health Staff applicants. Administrative responsibilities include clerical support functions for Medical Staff Services and the Quality Department, coordinating multiple medical staff committee meetings, directing incoming correspondence, producing written materials including but not limited to meeting minutes, correspondence and reports, operating job specific software such as MS Office and credentialing database, answering multiple phone lines, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and operating various office machines. Operational responsibilities include but are not limited to handling Medical and Allied Health Staff credentials and peer review files and documents. This position is critical in maintaining confidential departmental documents, managing storage and office space, coordinating meetings, and providing guidance and support to the credentialing function within the region. This position has state wide responsibilities for the CME Program for CHRISTUS Health Louisiana Medical Staff.
- High school graduate with business/technical school certification, Associate Degree or equivalent experience. Experience in Medical Staff services preferred.
- Education and training in computer technology.
- Must be proficient in word processing, with experience in transcription of minutes of sufficient quality to undergo regulatory and legal scrutiny.
- Must have excellent written, communication, time and priority management and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact on a professional level with physician's, their staff and facility leadership and associates. Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality of work subject.
- At least five years of clerical experience, preferably in the medical field. Experience in credentialing preferred. Proficient in MS Office applications and other department specific programs. Knowledge of office equipment required.