Apply Now Continuing Medical Education Coordinator/Per Diem Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities through the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and all record-keeping files for the accredited CME program. The Coordinator serves as a resource for CME activities for physicians, leaders, and as appropriate, for Associates. The CME Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a CME program which meets all accreditation guidelines and policies, while providing strong support to ongoing inter-professional educational initiatives.
EDUCATION: Associate's or Bachelor's degree, and recent, relevant work experience, in Nursing, Education, Health Care Administration, Community Health, Public Health, Business Administration, Human Resources, Program Management, or Organizational Development.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: None are specifically required, however, must possess the willingness to learn the highly detailed requirements of an accredited (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) ACCME program, the specific rules and requirements of the New Mexico Medical Society, while meeting the mission and vision of our organization.
SKILLS: The following are considered to be key competencies required:
- High integrity and trust
- Customer and service focus
- Demonstrated creativity and effectiveness in program development and implementation
- Develops positive peer relationships
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Strong understanding of group process
- Possesses the ability to function independently to achieve high levels of satisfaction with a successful education program.
- Demonstrated analytical time management, organizational and interpersonal skills achieved in management level environments.
- Demonstrated skill and proficiency in the utilization of various software application data bases and transcription equipment.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge and terminology desired.
EXPERIENCE: The successful candidate will have at least one year of experience in continuing medical education, physician relations, physician quality, or senior administrative duties, with the ability to arrange/complete schedules, meetings, IT/AV equipment set-up, and effective documentation of program requirements, including the program database, program and activity reporting system (PARS). The ideal candidate must be able to focus on attention to detail, while developing positive relationships with colleagues, and ongoing program development.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Medical Staff Office
- Bloodborne pathogen A
Will work in a clean, well-lit, ventilated, and smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Working hours vary, with occasional flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop and communicate with written materials.