Computed Tomography Technologist - Imaging CAT Scan - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital San Marcos
Share This Job On
Computed Tomography Technologist - Imaging CAT Scan - PRN Job in San Marcos
Computerized Tomography (CT) Technologist will be required to perform a wide variety of routine and advanced imaging procedures. The technologist will provide support for other imaging technologists as needed. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures, some of a more complex nature, utilizing state of the art computerized diagnostic imaging equipment.
• Demonstrates competency with starting and maintaining intravenous (IV) access and the use of high speed, pressurized injection equipment.
• Evaluates patient for clinical contrast history and possible contra- indications.
• Adheres to established section and organizational protocols, QA guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Interacts appropriately with patients and all care providers by coordinating and prioritizing procedures during the workday to maintain a high level of patient care and continuity.
• Must possess the ability and willingness to rotate within departments and clinics for proper coverage
• Assists Radiologist in invasive and biopsy type procedures using CT equipment to pinpoint anatomical locations.
• Ensures that exam rooms are neat, clean, and adequately stocked prior to exams being performed and acts to ensure compliance with Infection Control standards.
• Ensures all charges are correctly coded and entered.
• Appropriately adapts to assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
• Demonstrates adherence to the Core values of CHRISTUS Health Care
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- 1 year of CT experience in a Hospital or Clinical setting required
- 3 years of CT experience in a clinical Imaging setting preferred
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology required
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology in CT required
- Current state Licensure required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.