Computed Tomography Technologist - Imaging CAT Scan - PRN
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital New Braunfels
Share This Job On
Computed Tomography Technologist - Imaging CAT Scan - PRN Job in New Braunfels
Computerized Tomography (CT) Technologist will be required to perform a wide variety of routine and advanced imaging procedures. The technologist will provide support for other imaging technologists as needed. Behavior and communication skills must align with the organizations mission, values and culture.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels(CSRH-NB), nestled in the heart of downtown New Braunfels, is a full-service, 94-private bed facility that continues to expand to meet the needs of New Braunfels’ strong population growth. Innovative equipment and procedures are utilized, including an Outpatient Imaging Center, orthopedic and surgical services, rehabilitation, a renovated birthing center, including 24/7 neonatal coverage, emergency care, wound care/hyperbaric center, 3D mammography, and comprehensive heart care, from diagnostics to open-heart surgery.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Performs a variety of diagnostic procedures, some of a more complex nature, utilizing state of the art computerized diagnostic imaging equipment.
• Demonstrates competency with starting and maintaining intravenous (IV) access and the use of high speed, pressurized injection equipment.
• Evaluates patient for clinical contrast history and possible contra- indications.
• Adheres to established section and organizational protocols, QA guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Interacts appropriately with patients and all care providers by coordinating and prioritizing procedures during the workday to maintain a high level of patient care and continuity.
• Must possess the ability and willingness to rotate within departments and clinics for proper coverage
• Assists Radiologist in invasive and biopsy type procedures using CT equipment to pinpoint anatomical locations.
• Ensures that exam rooms are neat, clean, and adequately stocked prior to exams being performed and acts to ensure compliance with Infection Control standards.
• Ensures all charges are correctly coded and entered.
• Appropriately adapts to assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual, age-specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Performs all duties in a manner that protects the confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance of assigned job duties.
• Demonstrates adherence to the Core values of CHRISTUS Health Care
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent required
- 1 year of CT experience in a Hospital or Clinical setting required
- 3 years of CT experience in a clinical Imaging setting preferred
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology required
- Registered by the (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technology in CT required
- Current state Licensure required
- Current BLS (American Heart Association) required
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.