Commercial Mover - Tyler Job in Tyler
This position is responsible for moves within the CHRISTUS Hospital, Clinics and Office Buildings. Candidates must have the ability to lift heavy objects repeatedly, walk long distances, and communicate with the internal/external customer. Provides direct support to the Supervisor for Facilities Management. Locates requested pieces of furniture and relocates them to the proper department with care. Disassemble, assemble, and/or re-assemble furniture and equipment. Communicates with associates regarding move request and accommodates needs. Knowledgeable with general operation of forklifts, mechanical lift gates, mechanical platforms, pallet jacks, hand trucks, dollies, and other standard moving tools. May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks. Manages one’s time to stay on schedule and completes all paperwork associated with moves as assigned.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) is preferred.
- Moderate PC capability (i.e. Outlook, HealthStream, INFOR).
- Proficient at driving a Box Truck and operating a lift gate.
- Operates forklifts, mechanical platforms, pallet jacks, hand trucks, dollies, and other standard moving tools.
- Driving a 26 ft. box truck. Previous moving experience preferred.
- Solid knowledge of hospital, location of departments, functions, hospital and moving etiquette.
- Strong attention to detail, task oriented.
- Must be organized and be able to communicate well.
- Being a self-starter is vital.
- Work well with others and interact with customers and resolve issues.
- Driver’s License.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.