Coding Integrity Specialist - Tyler Job in Tyler
The Coding Integrity Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing ongoing audits of medical records to ensure compliance with CMS' coding and documentation guidelines; provide assessment and tracking of documentation compliance and audit accuracy rates; trend analysis and identify need for process enhancements or changes. Must also have a focus on regulatory and billing requirements. Should be able to perform audits independently and participate in performance improvement. May be assigned to variable work areas throughout CTC. Works cooperatively as a team with all coding, education, revenue cycle, and management associates.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM coding required.
- Minimum of two years’ audit experience in a multi-specialty physician office setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information or related field preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Certification in coding by either the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Certification by the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS) is a plus.