Apply Now Coding Integrity Specialist Job in Tyler
CHRISTUS Health System offers the Coding Auditor as a remote opportunity. Candidate must reside in the states of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma or Georgia to further be considered for this position.
The Coding Integrity Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing ongoing audits of medical records to ensure compliance with CMS' coding and documentation guidelines; provide education related to the coding and documentation of medical records within the physician practice; provide assessment and tracking of documentation compliance and audit accuracy rates; trend analysis and identify need for process enhancements or changes. Must also have a focus on regulatory and billing requirements. Should be able to perform audits independently and participate in performance improvement. May be assigned to variable work areas throughout CTC. Works cooperatively as a team with all coding, education, revenue cycle, and management associates.
**UP TO 40% TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED**
· Bachelor’s degree in Health Information or related field preferred or equivalent education and experience.
· Minimum of five years’ experience in CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM coding required.
· Minimum of three years’ audit experience in a multi-specialty physician office setting.
· Certification in coding by either the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
· Certification by the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS) is preferred.