8AM - 5PM
COA, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Care - HealthPark Plaza
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances HealthPark Plaza
1327 Troup Highway
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now COA, Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Care - HealthPark Plaza Job in Tyler
- This position performs high quality ophthalmic procedures, focusing on patient care and education.
- Promptly and professionally assisting the doctor in patient care.
- Performing technical workups, patient interviews and special testing.
- Communicating with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment being used. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
- Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
- Assisting in minor surgery.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of a formal course for Ophthalmic Assistant.
- 1 years of experience in an Ophthalmic setting
- Accurately perform: Refractions, Retinoscopy, A-Scans, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, OCT, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil exams, Topography
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) requirements.
- BLS (Must obtain at hire if not already acquired)
Basic typing and computer skills (data entry or word processing)