CMA, Certified Medical Assistant - Specialty Orthopedic Surgery
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS GS Marshall Medical Office Bldg Washington Street
815 South Washington
Marshall, TX 75670
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now CMA, Certified Medical Assistant - Specialty Orthopedic Surgery Job in Marshall
Performs duties under the supervision of a Physician. Interviews patients, measures vital signs and records information on patient's charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients. Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment. Hands instruments and materials to a doctor as directed. May operate x-ray and/or EKG equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
- High school graduate or GED. Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Completion of MA Certification/Registration required.
- Current CPR certification obtained from the American Heart Association.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care contracts is desirable.