4 DAYS - 10 HOURS
CLS, Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Marshall Lab - Full Time
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Marshall
Share This Job On
Apply Now CLS, Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Marshall Lab - Full Time Job in Marshall
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating, and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient-oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures in the primary section to which assigned about age or sex specific values.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots laboratory instrumentation and equipment and makes minor repairs as necessary or notifies Bio-med as needed.
- Must cross-train to other laboratory sections as needed.
- Assures that the laboratory's quality control program is properly followed.
- Calculates, enters, and/or verifies results of laboratory procedures.
- Utilizes the Laboratory Information System.
- Provides notification and documentation of critical laboratory values obtained.
- Processes patient specimens, including collection, handling, and distribution always cognizant of minimal pediatric specimen volumes (when required).
- Participates in the evaluation, development, and implementation of new or updated testing procedures and protocols.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health
- Must complete all required compliance and regulatory tasks and follow all applicable policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 (includes U.S. Military laboratory training courses of at least 50 weeks) OR Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- One year of experience required for graduates of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS. OR Two years of approved clinical laboratory experience, which must include a clinical rotation through the following sections of the laboratory: Blood Banking, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Hematology, Immunology, and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S. or with an accredited laboratory within the last 5 years OR 5 years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT II cannot move to a CLS II).
- Must possess Certification for MT, MLS, CLS, or MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
- Louisiana requires State Licensure
- New Graduate that is Board Certified or eligible (must complete Board Certification in 1 year of hire, Louisiana excluded)
4 Days - 10 hours
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below!
We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.