Clinician (RN/LPN) Neurology Associates/Part-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinician (RN/LPN) Neurology Associates/Part-Time Job in Santa Fe
LPN Candidates: Provides professional nursing care for primary care clinic patients following established standards and practices. The Registered Nurse is able to provide leadership in all situations, including emergencies, utilizing concepts of critical thinking and creative problem solving to ensure positive outcomes. The incumbent of this position is able to delegate duties to staff daily, and in an emergency situation, in the office environment. Works collaboratively with providers within the team setting to facilitate quality care for the patient and should be familiar with the resources available in the community and the proper methods to refer patients to them.
RN Candidates: The Clinician II will work collaboratively with physicians, staff and other health care professionals to provide a smooth health care continuum for all patients within the clinic setting. The nurse is an integral member of the clinic care team who works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained across the continuum. The Clinician II is responsible for coordinating a variety of patient wellness and chronic illness activities for the clinic's entire patient population. Success will be measured by the results of the outcome performance measures of the population of patients in the clinic. (e.g. Patient Satisfaction, ACO, HCC, clinic quality dashboards). The Clinician II acts in a clinical leadership role utilizing concepts of critical thinking and creative problem solving to ensure positive outcomes in the delivery of clinical care.
LPN Candidates: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program in Licensed Practical Nursing
RN Candidates: EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing. RN Required. BSN preferred.
LPN Candidates: CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensed by State of New Mexico as an LPN. BLS Certification issued through America Heart Association required, or within 2 weeks of hire date.
RN Candidates: CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensed by State of New Mexico as a Registered Nurse. BLS Certification issued through American Heart Association required, or within 2 weeks of hire date.
- Knowledge of and practical use of good business English, spelling, arithmetic, practices
- Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal skills
- Demonstrates effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate and implement appropriate educational materials for patients and their support system
EXPERIENCE: One year experience working as a nurse in a clinical setting preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director of Primary Care Services and Clinic Manager
In conjunction with clinic leadership:
- Supervises daily activities of medical assistants and PCA's in primary care clinic setting
- In conjunction with clinic leadership and educator assists with establishing and maintaining clinical staff competency
- Ensures provision of uninterrupted clinical care
- Provides clinical observations to manager for annual performance evaluations of clinical staff
- Bloodborne pathogen: A -- Works in a clean, well-lighted, smoke free environment
- Bloodborne pathogen: B -- If involved in clinical contact
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighting up to 50 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Frequent exposure to bodily fluids, communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.