Clinical Simulation Tech Specialist - Medical Education
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Simulation Tech Specialist - Medical Education Job in Corpus Christi
Main purpose is to function as a planner, developer, consultant, coordinator, resource person and instructor to resident physicians, faculty and students in the Simulation and Procedure Laboratory. Responsible for maintaining Simulation and Procedure Lab daily operations, equipment, and documentation.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Diploma or degree in nursing or paramedic with at least 5 years’ emergency medicine, pre-hospital or critical care experience preferred.
- Ability to prepare and organize simulation/procedure laboratory and demonstration materials
- Ability to set priorities on own initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to accommodate change
- At least two years’ teaching experience preferred.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS, PALS, and ATLS must be obtained within the first six months of employment