8AM - 5PM
Clinical Quality Coordinator II - Houston
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Houston Office and TLRA Revenue Cycle
2707 North Loop West
Houston, TX 77008
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Quality Coordinator II - Houston Job in Houston
Provides care under the direct supervision of the Nursing Supervisor of Quality Improvement, utilizing physician approved patient protocols according to established standards and best practice guidelines.Facilitates the communication between patient/caregiver, physician and the outpatient care team to optimize health and wellness, reduce inpatient admission, reduce re-admissions and improve medical stability in the patient population served. Responsible for the coordination of HEDIS data gathering process by evaluating the quality and completeness of clinical documentation processes. Performs quality medical record reviews, assisting providers and staff in the improvement of clinical documentation process, identifying trends and gaps in care, maintaining accurate records of review activities, ensures all data submitted to the health plan meets the HEDIS technical specifications for medical records. Participates in the development and ongoing implementation of quality improvement activities by providing regular and ongoing physician/staff support and education.
- Manages a caseload of 5,000-10,000 patients with identified gaps in care, in collaboration with the Health Care Team.
- Request records from provider’s offices as needed and perform a review of medical records for data collection, data entry, and quality monitoring including health plan and chart collection activities that close gaps in care.
- Observe and Identify trends and potential strategies by collaborating with the leadership team, the provider administrative or clinical staff.
- Track and trend barriers / challenges that exist to achieve better outcomes, including access to appointments, lack of follow up, or documentation.
- Communicate scheduling challenges or trends that may negatively affect quality outcomes.
- Activities may include data collection, data entry, quality monitoring, health plan and chart collection activities.
- Navigate multiple EMR systems and obtain medical record sections supportive of HEDIS measures.
- Maintains education / knowledge base of HEDIS / STARs.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Vocational/technical school graduate
- Basic LVN Nursing skills
- Knowledge of lab procedures and diagnostic testing
- Ability to write clear documentation and ability to write detailed specifications
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills
- EMR Experience
- 3 years clinical experience with at least 2 years in a primary care clinic preferred
- HEDIS Experience required, 2 or more years
- Experience working in a physician, provider, and / or medical office
- LVN/LPN License in the state of TX or where positions is located within the enterprise
- CPR Certification, if applicable