Clinical Pharmacist - Pharmacy - PRN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
1311 General Cavazos Blvd
Kingsville, TX 78363
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Pharmacist - Pharmacy - PRN Job in Kingsville
Consults with nursing and medical staff regarding prescriptions, orders, drug and pharmaceutical detail, patient reactions, errors, and complaints. Provides prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals. Compounds medications, according to professional standards and practices. Conducts Drug Utilization Reviews and prepares Drug Review Criteria for medical staff review and approval. Monitors drug therapy as assigned by medical staff. Suggests alternate drug therapy as appropriate.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a premier medical facility found in a town known for its ranching history and rich in Texas culture in Kingsville, Texas. Licensed for 100 beds, the hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center general acute care facility offering complete Medical and Surgical Services including Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Skilled Nursing, as well as, Emergency, Intensive Care, Cardiac and Comprehensive Diagnostic Services serving the resident of Kleberg, Brooks, Kennedy and southern Nueces counties.
CHRISTUS Spohn Kleberg Plaza houses the hospital’s birthing services with modern, state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms (LDRPs,) a nursery, the Cissy Horlock Taub Women’s Center (a diagnostic and education/resource center) and physician office suites.Outpatient rehabilitation services including occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, physical and aquatic therapy are offered at two convenient locations in Kingsville.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Program, PharmD required
- ACPE approved 20-hour sterile products course
- Must display excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Preferred completion of ASHP accredited pharmacy practice residency or fellowship, or, five years of hospital experience preferred
- Knowledge of pharmacy and hospital computer systems and computer-assisted devices
- Registered Pharmacist license with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy preceptor certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire or transfer
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (American Heart Association) must be obtained within 90 days of hire or transfer
Per Diem As Needed