Clinical Patient Representative - Abstractor
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate Admin Bldg
1001 East SE Loop 323
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Patient Representative - Abstractor Job in Tyler
Abstracts Medical Records into Epic from other Electronic Medical Records.
- Accurately abstract information from one medical record into another
- Verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record; enters patient demographics and insurance information into the computer.
- Document and report on issues/errors found in records while abstracting.
- Coach other abstractors on best practices learned.
- Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports and records.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Word processing and computer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well.
- Must be very organized with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy environment.Professional medical records documentation and writing skills preferred.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Ability to type 40 wpm preferred.
- Prefer one-year work experience, preferably in a medical office setting