Apply Now Clinical Nurse RN (Nurse) ICU/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
EDUCATION: Graduate Theological Degree (MDIV or Equivalent).
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Minimum of four units of CPE. Certification as a chaplain must have applied and be certified within two years of hire. Endorsement from appropriate ecclesiastical authority consistent with denominational practice. Demonstrated connection to a recognized religious community /body. Priest in good standing with the diocese.
- Understanding of Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services
- Demonstrates honesty consistently in all relationships
- Ability to work in stressful environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Is knowledgeable about department policies and procedures
- Ability to use computer, printer, telephone, etc. when needed.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in hospital or hospice ministry. 1600 hours of clinical experience
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Manager of Director of Spiritual Care
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
Works in a clean, well-lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work may require walking, sitting and standing. Subject to irregular hours. May require lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 20 lbs.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico RN license or current Compact state license. BLS Certification required or within 2 weeks of hire date. All other required certifications must be obtained within 6 months of hire date. If nurse has the required certifications at time of hire, they must maintain the certifications and will not have a grace period to renew. (See Required Department Certification List detailed on the last page of this document.)
- Current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to patients' rights in the delivery of care
- Communicates in a clear concise manner appropriate to the developmental age of patient.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Patient Care Director or Manager
- Bloodborne pathogen C (OR, PACU, L & D);
- Bloodborne pathogen B (other Patient Care areas). Exposure to infectious diseases and x-rays.
Works in a clean, well lighted, ventilated smoke-free environment. Subject to stressful professional relationships. Working hours are varied, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing and walking. Requires heavy physical effort to position, push and/or transfer patients or equipment and supplies. Requires considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. Ability to judge distance and space relationships, see peripherally, distinguish and identify different colors. Hearing and visual acuity within normal or correctable limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required.