Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Longview - PRN
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Longview - PRN Job in Longview
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, and other related duties as requested or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree for clinical lab – MT/CLS preferred, MLT with equivalent training, and strong experience also considered.
- Hospital Laboratory experience preferred but not required.
- Certified MT, CLS, MLS, or MLT ASCP preferred upon hire. If not, certification must be obtained within one year of hire date.
- Maintains consistency with departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Ensures professional discretion and confidentiality of hospital related information concerning patients, physician, associates, and visitors.
- Complies with conditions of employment as stated in the associate handbook and department policies.
- Adheres to the laboratory policies and procedures when performing tests; specimen handling and process, test analysis, reporting and maintain records of patient test results.
- Recognizes errors or improbable results and takes appropriate action; reports critical values per Policy and Procedure; performs tests within established timeframe; performs laboratory testing in the designated sections: Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Chemistry, Special Chemistry, ER Stat Lab, Blood Bank and Microbiology.
- Performs established daily quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory’s established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the established acceptable levels of performance. Documents all corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Performs established daily and periodic preventative maintenance with documentation; troubleshoots minor problems and initiates service calls as needed.
- Manage inventory by notifying the supervisors, restocks supplies/reagents, dates reagents and discards expired reagents.
- Takes responsibility for seeking and achieving professional growth and continued education.
- Assists in training new associates and clinical students when needed.
- Follows established protocols for safety, infection control, security, compliance, and the use of hazardous materials.
- Utilizes LIS and HIS computer systems appropriately to perform, charge, and report laboratory results.
- Completes annual competency assessment successfully and by assigned date.
- Serves as a laboratory team member to enhance customer relations within and outside of the laboratory.
For additional information or assistance with the application process, please reach out to Nadia Shinkewicz at Nadia.Shinkewicz@christushealth.org or 903-315-4384