Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Laboratory Job in Corpus Christi
Lead level. Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Knowledge of laboratory science, testing instrument operation
- Familiarity with computers and laboratory information systems
- Knowledge of critical values, quality control principles and procedures
- Ability to communicate with medical staff and associates
- Customer, team and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principles
- Four years of experience in laboratory medicine, medical technology or related science.
- Meets qualifications for “technical supervisor” under CLIA ’88.
- MT (ASCP), HTL (ASCP) and/or CLS (NCA) required