5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral Job in San Antonio
Responsible for the direct oversight of daily operations and testing of assigned section including staffing, procedures, policies, and quality improvement. Collaborates with other section team leaders to meet departmental goals.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Responsible for organizing, planning, directing, evaluating, and providing general oversight for all laboratory operations within designated section which includes outreach services, computer operations, pre and post analytic testing, associate safety and equipment / supply inventory expense control.
• Provide essential leadership and administrative support to laboratory associates.
• Ensures standards of care are consistent with the CHRISTUS Health Mission and all regulatory requirements.
• Work closely with hospital administration to facilitate the achievement of the departmental goals.
• Promote the development of associates and process improvement initiatives to maintain quality, cost-effective services and patient, physician, and associate satisfaction.
• Supports CHRISTUS Health by assuming any other responsibilities that are mutually agreed upon to ensure the effective functioning of the CHRISTUS Health ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 (includes U.S. Military laboratory training courses of at least 50 weeks) OR Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology. OR
- Meets the educational requirements of a Medical Laboratory Technician II (MLT-II)
- 3 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility required.
- 5 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility preferred
- Must possess Certification for MT, MLS, CLS, or MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
- Louisiana requires State Licensure
5 Days - 8 Hours
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.