Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral
CHRISTUS CH of SA Emergency Center Stone Oak
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral Job in San Antonio
This position meets the CLIA qualifications of a Laboratory General Supervisor, and under the direction of the Laboratory Director/Manager, coordinates and manages the day to day operations of their specific section(s) and shift(s). In conjunction with the Regional Laboratory Supervisor and/or Laboratory Director/Manager, this position develops and implements new procedures, instrumentation, quality control, and reagent use. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures that meet the standards of regulatory agencies, and implements service quality improvements. The Lead CLS also assists in the orientation and development of personnel competencies for their section(s).
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from a regionally accredited college/university, or
- Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Technician, and
- Three (3) years full time primary experience in the specific section of responsibility.
- Must provide proof of certification or certification eligibility for MT (ASCP), CLS (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (AMT), CLS (NCA/ASCP), or MT (AAB).
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be kept current.