Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital San Marcos
1301 Wonder World Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Lead - Lab AdminGeneral Job in San Marcos
This position meets the CLIA qualifications of a Laboratory General Supervisor, and under the direction of the Laboratory Director/Manager, coordinates and manages the day to day operations of their specific section(s) and shift(s). In conjunction with the Regional Laboratory Supervisor and/or Laboratory Director/Manager, this position develops and implements new procedures, instrumentation, quality control, and reagent use. This position is also responsible for the development and maintenance of policies and procedures that meet the standards of regulatory agencies, and implements service quality improvements. The Lead CLS also assists in the orientation and development of personnel competencies for their section(s).
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from a regionally accredited college/university, or
- Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience as a Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Technician, and
- Three (3) years full time primary experience in the specific section of responsibility.
- Must provide proof of certification or certification eligibility for MT (ASCP), CLS (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (AMT), CLS (NCA/ASCP), or MT (AAB).
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be kept current.