5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Laboratory
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Laboratory Job in San Antonio
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited college/university, or
- Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS, or
- Five years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology, serology and urinalysis/body fluids in the U.S. or an accredited laboratory within the last ten years.
- At least one (1) to two (2) additional years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Must possess or provide proof of certification or certification eligibility for MT (ASCP), CLS (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), CLS (NCA/ASCP), or MT (AMT).
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be kept current