Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Lab Microbiology - PRN Job in San Antonio
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited college/university, or
- Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS, or
- Five years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology, serology and urinalysis/body fluids in the U.S. or an accredited laboratory within the last ten years.
- At least one (1) to two (2) additional years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Must possess or provide proof of certification or certification eligibility for MT (ASCP), CLS (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), CLS (NCA/ASCP), or MT (AMT).
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be kept current
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.